mainly music is held at LifeWay Epping on Fridays from 10am to 12pm, during school terms, and at LifeWay Newcastle on Thursdays from 10am to 12pm, during school terms.
Click here for more information & current term dates.
Here at LifeWay, we believe that children are a precious gift from God and we’d love to have your family join us as we work together to nurture a life-long faith in the young lives God has entrusted to us.
We believe that the primary place of nurturing children’s faith happens in the home. That’s where we start too, providing tools like the Living Out Loud to help you grow during the week with your children and engage them in faith conversation. The next best place to build a living dynamic faith in our children is through worshipping together across the generations.
- That’s why we don’t mind a little noise or restlessness! We just love having children actively participate in worship.
- When our kids don’t worship with us, they are highly likely to walk away from Christ and his Church once they reach University age (estimates run from 50-90%!).
- If young people are included as important members of the Body of Christ from childhood on, they are more likely to follow Jesus as adults and that is what we want to see here at LifeWay…disciples of all ages living fully, sharing boldly and growing purposefully in the life transforming grace of Jesus.
- What’s more, having kids in worship teaches us as adults what it is like to have child-like faith. Some of their comments during Kids Talk in worship is both profound and priceless.
To enhance what you as parents do we run a 30 minute session on Sundays during term time for Kindergarten through Primary School age children.
Epping KidsWay is on every week starting after Holy Communion at the 9.30am service.
Newcastle KidsWay is on every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from 10-10.30am.
At KidsWay, the children will be involved in:
- Singing (one a month they will share the song they learn with the community
- A short game to introduce the theme
- Memory Verse (we want Scripture to be on their hearts and minds)
- A older person from the congregation who shares their favourite Bible Verse with the children and why it is special to them.
- Story time. We encourage them to bring their own Bible – we are using the NIC Adventure Bible for the older kids
- A time of sharing and prayer. It is never too early to teach children how to pray and how to establish a lifestyle of being in communication with Jesus. We want the kids to feel comfortable doing this from a young age.
- A chance to bless each other!
At the end of each session, the children will be given a KidsWay Placemat with activities, questions, and all sorts of other stuff to keep the faith conversation going throughout the week. The placemats will be available to download on our resources page every week (even in school holidays!). Click here.
It’s our joy to partner with you in equipping young disciples who are living, sharing and growing!
EPPING 2017 dates (every Sunday during school terms)
Term 1 | Feb 5 – April 2 (no KidsWay Feb 26 due to Kids Church)
Term 2 | April 30 – June 25 (no KidsWay May 28 due to Kids Church)
Term 3 | July 23 – September 17 (no KidsWay Sep 3 due to Kids Church)
Term 4 | October 15 – December 3 (no KidsWay Dec 10 due to Kids Church)
NEWCASTLE 2017 dates
Term 1 | Feb 19, Mar 5, Mar 19 & Apr 2
Term 2 | May 7, May 21, June 4 & June 18
Term 3 | July 23, Aug 6, Aug 20, (no KidsWay Sep 3 due to Kids Church)
Term 4 | Oct 15, Nov 5 , Nov 19 (no KidsWay Dec 3 due to Kids Church)