Our logo is a constant reminder of the mission and vision God has called us to here at LifeWay.
We are a people who are living, sharing and growing in the LIFE of Jesus as we journey the WAY of discipleship in our life. In John 10:10, Jesus says,
‘I have come that you may have LIFE and LIFE to the full.’
Some of the symbolism behind our logo is as follows:
- The cross represents the WAY we are called to live.
- Through his saving work on the cross, we have LIFE for Christ has opened a new and living WAY for us (Hebrews 10:20).
- Christ meets us wherever we are at and invites us to join him in the WAY of eternal life. (John 6:68)
- The seed pod ready to open up, emanates from the arm of the cross – our LIFE begins in the arms of Jesus who calls us by name through baptism.
- In him, our lives begin to grow and reach out to share the beauty of a LIFE that is grounded in his WAY.
- So as we live our LIFE, we always do it with the cross leading the way.
- The cross also looks like a person with arms out in worship. Worship of Jesus Christ is the centre of our lives – it is the highest form of praise.
The Colours of the logo:
Jesus said, ‘I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE’ (John 14:6).
- Speaking the truth – God has spoken to us through the verbal self-expression of his Son Jesus on the cross. That is why the cross is blue and the word WAY is blue.
- Authority – The Word of God, demonstrated in Jesus Christ and his saving work on the cross, is the authority of our life.
- Peace – it is the cross of Jesus Christ that brings real and lasting peace to our lives by restoring us to a relationship with our Heavenly Father.
- Growth, renewal, rest and rebirth.
- New beginnnings – our lives are given rebirth and renewal through our baptism into Christ
- Balance – as we rest in his presence and receive from him in worship, our lives are re-centred so that we have the right balance and perspective in our lives
- Growth – we are strengthened by God through his Word and Holy Communion to live fully and with purpose to the glory of his holy name.